We’re helping our Members and supporting their communities
Message from the CEO
Dear Caring Communities Members, Partners, and Friends,
COVID-19 has affected us all, across all organizations, especially those that directly serve seniors. We press on each day without knowing when the pandemic will end – yet the first signs that recovery and restoration are beginning to appear. The concern from not knowing how long we will battle COVID-19 and anticipation for a return to normal hangs over us all. At the same time, it is inspiring to hear from our Members as they press on. Thank you for the remarkable efforts of your organizations and teams!
Caring Communities has conducted our regular business remotely since March 16. Our continuous use of the technology that keeps us connected person to person has advanced our team’s skills and abilities. Telecommuting has become second nature, thanks to video conferencing and other programs that keep us connected. We are fortunate and grateful to have the ability to continue to serve our Members and stakeholders.
Aging services and housing organizations have been hit especially hard by COVID-19. As part of our mission to serve our Members, we have spearheaded and sponsored a series of webinars and townhalls tailored especially for our Members’ unique needs. These topics have included:
- What Clinicians Need to Know to Prepare for COVID-19
- Moving the Needle on Falls
- COVID-19 Updates and Guidance
- Prepare to Care for COVID-19
- Crisis Communications
- EPLI – Navigating COVID in your Community
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Staff Engagement During COVID-19 (Caring Communities Health Insurance Program)
- Reopening the Workplace
- Falls Collaborative – Falls During COVID Isolation
- Town Hall: Member Creative Solutions during COVID Pandemic
- Roadmap to Recovery
Caring Communities Health Insurance Program Weekly Townhalls
- Workforce Management: Keeping Staff Engaged Through Incentives
- Relevant Benefits Compliance Updates
- Employee Screening & Testing During and Post-Shutdown
- Visitor Policies and Procedures During and Post-Shutdown
- Health Plan Financial Impact of COVID-19
- Wellness Plan Modification Due to COVID-19
- CARES Act Overview: Health and Retirement Benefits
- Wage Pressures as Essential Employer
- Workers Compensation Considerations
The entire Caring Communities team admires the extraordinary dedication of everyone at our Member communities. The pandemic will end, and there will be losses. However, we believe that there will be gains as well, leading to a strengthened resolve to be better, to be the best, and to work together towards a brighter future.
We look forward to seeing everyone together soon.
CEO, Caring Communities